Happiness isn’t something you come across by accident. You create happiness for yourself.
In today’s world of chaos, sadness, fear, and confusion, it’s easy to see happiness as an unattainable goal. Perhaps that’s part of the reason why so many people struggle with anxiety, depression, burnout, discouragement, and stress: they can’t find a clear path to happiness.
That’s why we created the Egg.
What is the Egg?
Simply put, the Egg is a framework—a tool that can help you on your journey toward peace, meaning, and happiness.
Why an egg?
We chose an egg for two key reasons:
- A chick hatches when it’s ready, from the inside out. Growth and development happen inside the egg, before it’s time to break through the shell. It must progress through certain stages before it’s ready to move on to its new life.
Similarly, there are stages to work through when you are working to create happiness. You can’t skip the progression from stage to stage—not if you want to be successful.
- A chick must break out of the egg on its own. If you crack an egg to free the chick inside, the chick is going to die. That’s because as it’s working to break out of the egg, it’s growing stronger, gaining strength and fortitude that it needs once outside.
Just as survival is up to the chick, happiness is up to us. We must create it for ourselves, working to develop thoughts that will take us where we want to go. Our thoughts become our reality and our biggest asset in helping us design our lives and survive outside our “shells.”
The Stages of the Egg
The five stages of the Egg help you move from where you are to where you want to be.
Do you want things to change? Can you picture the outcome you want, even if you’re not sure how you’ll get there? Then you have hope. Hope is the ultimate first step, allowing you to explore possibilities you couldn’t see before.
Now that you know what you want, you have to believe that you can actually get it. With belief, you start to understand the power of your thoughts. You can move forward only when you believe that changing your thoughts can create happiness.
In this stage, you begin designing the thoughts that will spark the change you’re looking for. You use these thoughts to do and say things that bring positivity to your life. You allow your carefully-designed thoughts to go to work. You “come from” your thoughts.
Awareness and intention bring purpose. As you become increasingly aware of your thoughts, words, and actions, you begin to more clearly see and experience your life’s purpose. You are able to tie your thoughts into that purpose, breeding more intentionality and consistency. Results start to show up.
With meaning comes peace. Living in a state of “meaning” allows you to create your world every day, using your thoughts and actions to discover , create and maintain happiness. You are at peace with yourself, and with those around you.
How to use the Egg to create happiness
The Egg helps you mark your progress on your journey, but it’s up to you to take the steps and learn the lessons that will move you to the next stage.
We want to help.
Design.org’s process includes:
- A free assessment that will help you discover where you’re currently at in the Egg
- Daily coaching suggestions tailored to your needs via email
- Positive affirmation packs to help you shape your thinking (1-6 per day, if you subscribe to Design.org Plus) to help make positive thinking a habit
- A weekly inspiration email, offering insight, motivation, and tips
- An opportunity to re-take the assessment in 30 days to see where you are at and what coaching you need in that new place
We’ve already seen what it can do. Now we want to see what it can do for you.
It’s time to break out of your shell.
Try Design.org for free!
Get started with an assessment to receive personalized coaching via email, at no cost.